You may have created an administrator account in windows 10, or a local account here in windows 10 with Control Panel or settings. But have you ever created a user with command line using CMD or PowerShell? if not, then I recommend you to use it because it save you too much time. If you follow this article you will learn How to Create and Manage User Account on Windows 10?:
- How to use Net User Command to create a User?
- When you created a user, you will learn How to change its password.
- How to Change a Local Account to Administrator Using Net User Command.
- How to Set a Secure Password for the account which no one can see?
- How to check all the users on windows 10?
- And finally, you will learn How to delete a User with net user command here in windows 10.
How to Manage User Account Using Net User Command?
If you are too much worry that you can’t work with it, feel free because I have created this as simple as a kid can understand it easily. All you need is just follow the steps one by one and you will be done.
Step 1. to Create a New User with Command, first open Command Prompt or PowerShell. The Easiest way to open them is the run dialog box, just type the name and press enter.
Step 2. First I want to see the syntaxes of Net User command, in order to see them, type Net User /? and Press enter. Since it is an older command it can work on both CMD and PowerShell.
Note: In order to bring changes to created user with net user command, you have to run CMD or PowerShell as Administrator.
Step 3. Now let’s Dive in to create a User with Net User Command. So, I will Create a New User by the name of Ben, with an easy password of 123. To do that, just type net user Ben 123 /add and hit enter on the keyboard.
if instead of the command completed successfully was the access denied, understand that you have entered a wrong command.
Step 4. To check that the user which we created is true or not, simply type net user and press enter.
Step 5. The user which we created is simple a standrad user, it means it needs rights to do to bring changes to the windows. In order to change that from a standard user to Administrator, type net localgroup administrators Ben /add and Press enter.
Step 6. In order to see that is that true or no, you can use the net user command. But this time lets type another command to see the result.
Step 7. What if you are not satisfied with the password, and you want to change the password from 123 to something else. Well, to do that, type net user ben * and press enter on the keyboard. Once you pressed enter on the keyboard, type your password, while typing you won’t see anything, because that is secured. Just enter your password, then reenter it for confirmation.
Step 8. How about we should test, to delete this user with net user command. In order to execute this user, type net user ben /delete and press on the keyboard.
Step 9. It is time to check that if the user is available or not. To do that simply type Net user and hit enter on the keyboard.
- Open PowerShell or CMd as Administrator for complete privileges.
- To create a New User Type Net User Name Password /add
- To Set a Secure Password type Net Use Name *
- To change the Standard account to Administrator type Net Localgroup administrator Name /add
- To delete a User type Net User Name /delete.
To Get more information about Windows10 click here